Published on: April 2, 2020
AREAS OF FOCUS: CONDOMINIUM LAW, REAL ESTATE LAW, CORPORATE LAW, CIVIL LITIGATION
Henry A. Goodman, is a Partner in our firm specializing in condominium law, corporations, general real estate matters, and civil litigation, with 25% of his practice devoted to litigation. He is a member of the Massachusetts federal and state bars, the Rhode Island bar, and the state of Florida bar.
Goodman, who was involved in the initial drafting of the Massachusetts “Super Lien,” is considered to be the first attorney in Massachusetts to concentrate in the representation of condominium associations. He has tried numerous cases in the state and federal court and has successfully argued appeals.
Goodman is a founding member of the New England Chapter of CAI (CAINE) and a member of its Legislative Action Committee. He served as president of CAINE for two terms and is a member of CAINE’s Board of Directors. He is a member and former chair of CAINE’s Program Committee and Attorney’s Committee and was honored with CAINE’s Attorney of the Year and Outstanding Service Awards.
Goodman is a past member of the Board of Governors of the prestigious national College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL) and is a member of the Real Estate Bar Association (REBA). He is a former member of CAI’s National Board of Trustees and the former chair of CAI’s National Business Partners’ Council.
Throughout his career, Goodman has written scores of articles related to issues important to condominiums and cooperatives, and he gives presentations at various seminars (including the CAINE Condo Conference and Expo and the New England Condominium Expo) on topics related to condominiums, real estate, and cooperatives.
- Boston University School of Law
- Founding member of the New England Chapter of CAI (CAINE)
- Member of CAINE’s Legislative Action Committee
- Member and former chair of CAINE’s Program Committee, and Attorney’s Committee.
- Member of the national College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL)
- Member of the CCAL’s Education Committee
- Member of the Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- Former member of the CAI National Board of Trustees
- Former chair of the CAI National Business Partners’ Council
- Former president of CAINE (two terms) and member of CAINE’s Board of Directors
- Massachusetts, 1966
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1967
- Florida, 1995
- Rhode Island, 2008
- Involved in the initial drafting of the Massachusetts “Super Lien”
- CAINE Attorney of the Year
- CAINE Outstanding Service Award