Published on: June 17, 2013
Areas of focus: Condominium Law and Real Estate Law
Patrick is a partner in the firm’s Condominium Practice, primarily representing condominium associations. He works closely with condominium Boards in all areas of community association law, including drafting amendments to condominium documents, providing opinions, and advising Boards’ regarding interpretation and enforcement of their condominium documents and M.G.L. c. 183A.
Before joining the firm in 1999, Patrick owned and operated an automotive supply company along with owning and managing several commercial real estate properties. He is active in CAI-New England and a frequent contributor to the organization’s monthly magazine, CondoMedia and has served on the faculty for an MCLE seminar on Condominium law. Patrick is an active member of the Board of Directors of the Mashpee Community Media Center, Inc. (Mashpee TV).
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst (1974)
- Suffolk University Law School, cum laude (1999)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Community Association Institute-New England
- Co-chair, Attorneys Committee 2009-2010
- Co- Chair Banquet Committee 2008
PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS
- “Affordable Housing – Adopting Rights of First Refusal” (CondoMedia, July, 2008).
- “Second Hand Smoke Dangers Are Clear but the Authority to Curb Smoking in Community Associations Remains Hazy” (Community Associations Network, April, 2009).
- Quoted in “Smoke Gets in their Eyes: Community Associations Must Balance Competing Ownership Rights” (CondoMedia, May, 2009).