Published on: June 17, 2013
Areas of focus: Condominium and Real Estate Law
Mark is a Partner in the Firm. Since joining the firm in 2004, Mark has been an integral part of the firm’s Transactional and Condominium Practice. He routinely advises condominium associations and association managers on the full spectrum of matters affecting condominium communities, including: governance issues, rules enforcement, lien enforcement, asset management, casualty loss claims, document amendments, land acquisition and development rights, election and transition procedures, contracts and general liability issues.
In addition, Mark handles a wide range of commercial and residential transactions, advising clients on the formation of condominiums, developing and drafting association documents for condominium projects, 40B development, analyzing zoning regulations, creating new corporate entities and handling negotiations with commercial lenders for developers and other real estate development projects.
While attending law school, Mark was awarded the Suffolk Law School Jurisprudence Awards for excellence in the subjects of Torts and Constitutional Law. In addition to other clinical activities Mark served as an intern with the trial division of the Office of the Attorney General and as a student public defender in Lynn Criminal District Court. Before entering law school, Mark worked in the marketing department of a major Massachusetts insurance company and as a reporter for a Connecticut daily newspaper.
As a Massachusetts real estate lawyer, Mark is an enthusiastic and active member of CAI-New England, the Institute of Real Estate Management and the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association, where his committee assignments reflect his long-standing interest in affordable housing and condominium issues. He also serves on the Zoning Board of Appeals in the Town of Hull, and is active in neighborhood and civic activities.
- Ithaca College (1996)
- Suffolk University Law School, cum laude (2002)
- Community Associations Institute, New England
- Conference & Expo Committee
- Rhode Island Regional Committee
- Rhode Island Legislative Action Committee
- Institute of Real Estate Management (Boston Chapter)
- Member, Legislative Action Committee
- Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- Member, Affordable Housing Committee
- Member, Condominium Committee
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island
- “To Act or Not to Act – That is the Question” (CondoMedia, September, 2007).
- “Beware of Automatic Renewals in Contracts” (The Cooperator, September, 2009).
- “Legal Briefs – Condos Handcuffed by Self-Renewing Contracts” (New England Condominium, October, 2009).
- “FHA-Backed Loans” (CondoMedia, September, 2009).
- “Banning the Use of Exclusivity Contracts Means Competition for Marketing Rights for MDUs” (New England Real Estate Journal, October 2009).
- Quoted in Legal Q&A – “What to do about Neighbor’s Nuisance” (New England Condominium, January, 2010).