Published on: May 27, 2013
Areas of focus: Construction Law, Contracts and Environmental Law
John is a partner in the firm’s Condominium Practice Group, focusing on construction law, contracts and environmental law. John has extensive experience with the review, negotiation, and drafting of construction-related contracts, services agreements, wireless and cable leases and numerous other commercial agreements; advises clients on contract administration and dispute avoidance, and assists in the litigation of construction defect and related real estate claims. John also advises clients on a range of environmental matters involving groundwater discharge permits and wastewater treatment plants, septic systems, wetlands and Chapter 21 E (the state’s Superfund law), among others. A Massachusetts registered professional engineer as well as an attorney, John worked as a civil engineer before entering law school and was responsible for the design and development of numerous commercial and residential real estate projects.
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst (1982)
- New England School of Law, magna cum laude (1994)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- U.S. District Court (Massachusetts and Connecticut)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Second Circuit)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Lead Articles Editor, New England (School of Law) Law Review
PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS
- “Just Say No…Driving: Rushworth v. Registrar of Motor Vehicles and the Massachusetts License Suspension Law” (New England Law Review, Spring, 1994).
- Quoted in “Asked and Answered” (CondoMedia, June, 2009).
- Quoted in “There’s Money for Community Associations — Up on the Roof” (CondoMedia, June, 2007).
- New Mechanics Lien Retainage Law Passes to Benefit Contractors on Construction Projects – January, 2015
- Certificates of Insurance Don’t Deliver the Protection They Promise for Associations and Managers – April, 2016