Published on: June 17, 2013
Areas of Focus: Condominium Law, Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Appellate Litigation
In addition to litigating, Jennifer continuously counsels clients on a variety of real estate matters including, code compliance, the interpretation of association governing documents, title and lien issues, leasing and construction management and disputes.
Before joining the firm in 2005, Jennifer served as Law Clerk for Justice Karyn F. Scheier of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Land Court, where she gained valuable experience in virtually all areas of real estate law.
Jennifer is active within the New England Chapter of the Community Associations Institute, serving as co-chair of the chapter’s Programs Advisory Committee, and she is also a frequent chapter speaker. Additionally, Jennifer is a member of the Institute of Real Estate Management.
- University of Richmond (2001)
- Suffolk University Law School, magna cum laude (2004)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute
- Institute of Real Management
- U.S. District Court in Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Selected as a “Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star” in Boston Magazine (2013 – 2018)
PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS
- The Condominium Turnover: Transitioning to Unit Owner Control (REBA News, November 2012 and Condo Media February 2013)
- Safety, Security and Sensibility: Considerations and Solutions for Limiting the Association’s Liability (Condo Media May 2013)
- By the Documents: Enforcing Rules and Policies (Condo Media June 2013)
Jennifer’s recent representative matters include:
- Obtaining an Appellate Court decision affirming a condominium association’s right to collect more than $160,000.00 in
outstanding common area fees.
- Obtaining a Superior Court judgment following trial,
to expunge certain fraudulently created trust agreements and to determine the proper trustees and beneficiaries of a complex series of trusts.
- Obtaining a Superior Court Judgment in favor of Defendants following trial, in action brought pursuant to the Consumer Protection Statute (G.L. c. 93A).
Jennifer’s published appellate decisions include: Board of Trustees of Ocean Club on Smugglers Beach Resort Condominium Trust v. The Rothchild Group, Inc., et al., 72 Mass. App. Ct. 1108 (2008); Board of Trustees of the 447 Marlborough Street Condominium Trust v. Garrison S. Corben, et al. 73 Mass. App. Ct. 1120; Trustees of the One Hundred Nine Commonwealth Avenue Condominium Trust v. Maurer, 81 Mass. App. Ct. 1131 (2012).