Published on: June 19, 2013
Areas of focus: Condominium Law; Real Estate Acquisition and Development; Subdivision; and Legislative Action
Matt is an associate in our Condominium Group and Commercial Real Estate Department. As an attorney in the firm’s Condominium Group, Matt focuses on the review and drafting of condominium documents, lien enforcement actions, the enforcement of rules and covenants, and fair housing and discrimination matters, including requests for reasonable accommodations/modifications. In addition, Matt handles all aspects of real estate acquisition, development and financing including: drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements; reviewing commercial loan documentation; conducting and reviewing title examinations; and reviewing zoning and subdivision matters.
Although the condominium and real estate practices occupy most of his time, Matt also plays an active role in the firm’s Legislative Action Group, working on legislative issues affecting condominiums. Matt brings valuable insights and invaluable experience to those activities, courtesy of his previous work as chief of staff and legislative director for a Massachusetts State Senator . During his seven years on the Senator’s staff, Matt worked on a wide range of legislative and budget initiatives. Outside of the office Matt is a member of the Outreach Council for Heading Home, a non-profit organization committed to ending homelessness in Greater Boston.
- Connecticut College (2001)
- New England School of Law (2008)
- Community Association’s Institute (New England)
- Massachusetts Legislative Action Committee (Chair: 2011-present)
- Massachusetts Attorneys’ Committee
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Recipient of the 2009 CAI-NE Volunteer Award for his efforts in ensuring the passage of legislation that exempts many condominiums from the corporate excise tax.