Published on: June 22, 2013
Areas of focus: Condominium Foreclosures and Bankruptcy
Laura is an associate in the firm’s Condominium Practice Group, concentrating her practice on residential and time-share condominiums, bankruptcy and foreclosures for residential, commercial and time-share condominiums. She also represents lenders in foreclosures and bankruptcies.
Laura’s knowledge of condominium law is grounded in an understanding of real estate fundamentals. Before entering law school, she worked as a residential loan closing coordinator for law firms and a bank (Boston Safe Deposit and Trust Company); while in law school, she worked in the claims department of Chicago Title Insurance Company.
Recognized for her expertise in the condominium lien foreclosure area, Laura has lectured extensively on that subject for the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and the American Resort Development Association.
Laura is an associate in the firm’s Condominium Practice Group, concentrating her practice on condominium bankruptcy and foreclosures for residential, commercial and time-share condominiums. She also represents lenders in closings, foreclosures, bankruptcies, loan workouts and REO transactions.
- Northeastern University, magna cum laude (1984)
- Suffolk University Law School, cum laude (1991)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts
- American Resort Development Association
- New Hampshire
- Received Suffolk University Law School’s American Jurisprudence Award for Advanced Evidence (1991).
- Worked closely with the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) and the ARDA-Resort Owners Coalition on drafting and implementing legislation to simplify the time-share foreclosure process in Massachusetts and testified before state legislative committees in support of that legislation.
PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS
- Frequent Lecturer, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education seminar on “Massachusetts Foreclosures” (2001-2009).
- Lecturer, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education seminar on “Acquiring Foreclosed and Abandoned Properties (2009).
- “Bankruptcy Basics” (CondoMedia, November, 2002)
- Contributing author, “Massachusetts Mortgages, Foreclosures and Workouts,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (2005-2009).
- Contributing author, “Condominium Law,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (2005-2009).
- “Time-Share Associations and the Bankruptcy Abuse and Consumer Protection Act of 2005”, published in Developments, the trade publication for American Resorts Development Association (2006).
- “Bankruptcy Billing Blues” (CondoMedia, February, 2007).
- “Bankruptcy Reforms Welcome and Well-Timed for Community Associations” (MEEB newsletter, January, 2010).
- Speaker at 2016 CAI National Seminar on “When is a Pet not a Pet: Enforcement of Pet Policies in Condominiums”.
Laura is also a wicked big Red Sox fan and will gladly discuss the Red Sox any time.