Published on: May 27, 2013
Areas of focus: Construction Law, Contracts and Environmental Law
John is an associate in the firm’s Condominium Group, focusing on construction law, contracts and environmental law. John negotiates and drafts construction contracts, wireless and cable leases and other commercial agreements, advises clients on contract administration and dispute avoidance, and assists in the litigation of construction defect and related real estate claims. John also advises clients on a range of environmental matters- issues involving wastewater treatment plants, septic systems, wetlands and Chapter 21 E (the state’s Superfund law), among others. An engineer as well as an attorney (he earned his undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering), John worked as a civil engineer before entering law school, designing and developing commercial and residential real estate projects.
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst (1982)
- New England School of Law, magna cum laude (1994)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- U.S. District Court (Massachusetts and Connecticut)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Second Circuit)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Lead Articles Editor, New England (School of Law) Law Review
PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS
- “Just Say No…Driving: Rushworth v. Registrar of Motor Vehicles and the Massachusetts License Suspension Law” (New England Law Review, Spring, 1994).
- Quoted in “Asked and Answered” (CondoMedia, June, 2009).
- Quoted in “There’s Money for Community Associations — Up on the Roof” (CondoMedia, June, 2007).