Published on: June 27, 2013
Areas of focus: Litigation
Thom brings more than 20 years of legal experience to the firm’s Litigation Department. Since joining the firm in 2012, he has represented condominium clients in Massachusetts and New Hampshire litigation matters involving construction defects, development rights, enforcement of condominium rules, real estate disputes, and other condominium matters. He has also represented other clients in various real estate, land use, and zoning disputes. He has litigated cases in state and federal courts and administrative agencies. He maintains an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell.
Before joining Marcus Errico, Thom represented real estate developers and commercial litigation clients at a large Boston firm. During law school, he was an intern on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and he worked as an assistant to Harvard Professor Laurence Tribe in appeals before the United States Supreme Court. Prior to law school, he worked as a high school English teacher.
- University of Wisconsin (1985)
- Boston College Law School (1995)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute (New England)
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court (Massachusetts)
- U.S. District Court (New Hampshire)
- Certified limited assistance representation counsel for clients involved in litigation matters brought in the Massachusetts Land Court
- “SJC Ruling Deals Blow to Beachfront Lot Owners,” Mass Lawyers Weekly (11/22/15)