Published on: May 28, 2013
Joe is an associate in the firm’s Condominium Group, where he focuses on advising both condominium association boards and property managers on the ins and outs of the Massachusetts condominium statute, as well as on general association management issues.
Joe brings a dual perspective to his practice, with an understanding of condominiums and association management informed both by his legal experience and by the experience he gained working as a management consultant for condominium associations, real estate developers and real estate finance services & financial institutions before attending law school. Joe also served for many years on the Board of Directors of the Ellen Gifford Sheltering Home, Inc. in Brighton – one of the oldest animal shelters in the country.
- Boston University (1969)
- Massachusetts School of Law (1995)
- Community Associations Institute – New England
- Attorneys Committee
- Legislative Action Committee
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- United States District Court (Massachusetts)
- CAI-New England “Attorney of the Year” (1999)
PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS
- “The Season Of Transition” (CondoMedia, January, 2009)
- “Managing the Amenities Dilemma” (New England Condo Magazine, April, 2009).
- “Beneficial Interests” (CondoMedia, September, 2012)
- “A Helpful, But Underused, Budgetary Tool” (CondoMedia, December, 2015)
Joe’s recent representative matters include:
- Collecting a $420,000.00 condominium construction defect judgment for a condominium association client.
- Obtaining a favorable Appeals Court decision regarding the meaning of a key phrase in the standard Greater Boston Real Estate Board Purchase & Sale Agreement form.