Published on: January 11, 2019
Areas of focus: Litigation
Dawn is a partner in the Litigation Department. She has spent the past seventeen years as a successful trial attorney and then a partner, as well as manager, of the litigation department of a well-established law firm in Western Massachusetts. She is an accomplished trial lawyer and has extensive experience handling complex multi-million dollar commercial litigation for individuals, corporations, small business owners and financial institutions in both Massachusetts and Connecticut. In addition, she has focused a substantial portion of her practice on employment law and employment related matters, handling complex employment discrimination cases in the administrative agencies and State and Federal Courts of Massachusetts and Connecticut. She has negotiated labor contracts, conducted internal investigations into allegations of employment discrimination and advised clients in contract administration and employee discipline matters. Dawn has also conducted trainings and seminars related to employment matters.
Dawn has represented clients before both Federal and Massachusetts State Courts, the Massachusetts Court of Appeals, the First Circuit Court of Appeals, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Civil Service Commission, Labor Relations Commission, Department of Employment and Training, Connecticut State and Federal Courts, Connecticut Appeals Court, and the Connecticut Commission for Human Rights and Opportunities.
- Westfield State College, BS Business Management 1991
- Western New England University School of Law 2000
- Massachusetts Bar Association—2001 to present
- Litigation Section
- Employment and Labor Law Section
- Massachusetts State Courts: January 18, 2001
- Massachusetts Federal District Court: February 28, 2001
- Connecticut State Courts: May 17, 2001
- Connecticut Federal District Court: November 12, 2002
- First Circuit Court of Appeals: June 15, 2004
Dawn’s recent representative matters include:
- Successfully pursuing on behalf of Plaintiff, a complex multi-million dollar investment fraud and misrepresentation case, which enabled the Plaintiff to recover a satisfactory settlement following mediation in a hotly contested arbitration case.
- Successfully trying to a jury an employer’s violation of the Family Medical Leave Act, recovering for the Plaintiff a total of judgment of $655,000.00 against both the employer and the Plaintiff’s individual supervisor in Boadi v. Center for Human Development.
- Successfully defending and then winning a total judgement of $500,000.00 on a counterclaim for breach of contract in Gray v. Feed Commodities, Inc.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for an international manufacturer following a two week jury trial in a breach of contract, breach of warranty and consumer protection action filed in Norfolk Superior Court.